Monday, November 6, 2017

American Patchwork & Quilting Podcast with Pat Sloan



Had a wonderful time talking with Pat Sloan today on her American Patchwork and Quilting podcast! We talked a bit about Lancaster County, PA, machine and hand quilting and my first introduction to quilts. You can listen to it now via this link: http://blog.patsloan.com/radio-shows/ or catch it sometime later after it gets posted here: http://www.allpeoplequilt.com/magazines-mo…/quilting-podcast Note: Unfortunately the sound quality of my interview as well as the guest that followed me was amiss and came out harsh and unclear... must have been a technical glitch. Some folks have told me they could still listen and understand but for others it has proved too difficult. Such is life. 

5 comments:

patty a. said...

Congratulations on the interview with Pat. I have never listened to a podcast. I am not sure how they work and what device you listen to it on.

Victoria said...

Hi Patty, thank you. You can listen to podcasts right from your home computer. (Or smart phone.)

You can click on either link. If you click on the first link scroll down till you see "Show #357" Click on the gray bar with the arrow to start the podcast. It will play right on your home computer.

If you click on the second link, scroll down you and you will see small head shots of guests and the shows date.

Look for the Nov. 6th 2017 date, (currently at the top of the list.) Click on that blue date heading.

That will take you to the podcast. (You may get a pop up for All People Quilt .com, but you can just click on the bar that says "continue to your destination".

Once on the podcast page click on the bar that says "Listen to the podcast" and the podcast will play on your computer.

iHanna said...

Here's the direct link to the podcast, found it after looking a bit.

Interesting to listen, thanks for posting about it again - but too bad the sound is so harsh, or I would listen more often to this podcast, there aren't too many about quilting that I know of, but it hurts my ears. ;-)

Victoria said...

Sorry I missed this comment when originally posted.... yes, the sound quality was really harsh, which is such a shame. At first it seemed to be equally harsh for all three guests, however I recently listened to it again and the first guest now sounds fine, but sadly the sound on my interview as well as the following guest still has that harsh quality and makes our conversations rather hard to understand.

Victoria said...

PS. And thanks for finding the direct link! I used what was provided to me, and wasn't able to figure out how to link directly to it once more podcasts were added.